The purpose of our dress code is to enhance school safety, improve the learning environment, and promote good behavior. We recommend clothing and footwear suitable for a working atmosphere and appropriate weather.
The following guidelines have been set for our Brentwood students:
- Shorts and dresses should not be too short (arms held down by sides, shorts should not be shorter than fingertip)
- Shirts on both boys and girls need to completely cover the belly
- Tank top straps are to be at least one and a half inches wide, cover the chest and back adequately, and cover the bra straps
- No sagging jeans or pants (undergarments must be covered)
- No inappropriate messages on clothing (drugs, alcohol, tobacco, offensive words, etc.)
If clothing is deemed inappropriate, we can provide additional clothing for your child to wear, or we can call home to have a parent bring a change of clothes. Please spend some time with your child to review our (and your) expectations. Thanks for working with us.